If you are in crisis and considering suicide, please immediately go to for a phone number to use. You are not alone. There are kind people who want to help you. You will be ok again.

It can be hard to know where to go for help. Even if you don’t want to file an official report, you need confidential emotional support to help you recover from your experiences. Your brain doesn’t work clearly when you’re in crisis and you don’t know who to trust. If you’re an international school teacher and don’t speak the local language, this task becomes impossible. The purpose of this collection is to share resources and ideas for how you can get help.

Some countries have more resources than others. Laws are different in each country. Don’t rely on another country’s guidelines when deciding when/if to report your harassment.

"Sexual harassment is often psychological in nature. It can be as traumatizing as physical violence. Do not hesitate to contact a support network because you don't feel your experience was bad enough. It was bad enough. Hotlines for any type of abuse will offer you support and if they are not the most suitable network, they will connect you with the right network. You are not alone. There are people who will help you, even if you feel abandoned by your school community."

We need your help

Resources in non-English speaking countries are desperately needed!

Creating a repository of resources for every country is a monumental task. Your help is needed. Please search online for local resources in your country and submit those resources using the form below. We need:

  • Federal anti-discrimination agencies
  • Non-profit discrimination organizations
  • Women’s trauma centers
  • Experienced lawyers
  • Any other resource you think could help!

Submit a resource

Please only submit one resource at a time. If you have multiple resources, enter them one at a time and hit submit each time.

Data Protection Notice: The information you enter is sent to the site administrator’s email server (Google) and is not guaranteed to remain secure.

resource list

Scroll up for a form to submit resources.

There is a free women’s helpline that can be found here. You can also contact support by email:

Make a complaint with the Australian Human Rights Commission.

1800Respect is a hotline you can call. Do not be dissuaded by the references to family violence. This hotline is appropriate for workplace sexual harassment as well.

Make a complaint with the Canadian human rights commission.

If you are in Ontario, you can file a complaint with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.

The German Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency provides counseling and legal advice. PLEASE NOTE: They will NOT help you in most cases if you already have a lawyer. Call them before you get a lawyer. If you already have a lawyer, they may be able to help you with some basic advice, but they will no longer offer legal assistance. WORDS OF WISDOM: Contact them BEFORE notifying your workplace of your complaint and try to get their assistance with the school’s investigation.

The Frauennotruf in Munich provides emotional support for women who have experienced sexual assault and/or harassment. It is highly recommended by a teacher who went there.

Japan harassment legal support for foreign nationals.

Harassment support hotline (website in Japanese).

TOP RECOMMENDATION: There is a free advice hotline available to women in England and Wales funded by Time’s Up UK and managed by the organization, Rights of Women.

If you experienced sexual harassment online (inappropriate pictures, texts, etc), visit to The Safe Space UK.

If you have witnessed misconduct (especially if you witnessed your school attempting to cover it up), consider contacting Protect for whistleblowing advice.

The Education Support Network offers a free helpline for teachers. *We have received a report that this helpline was not helpful in helping a female teacher with a case of a sexual abuse. We no longer recommend them as a number to call if you are in distress and need emotional assistance. However, they may still be helpful in answering questions about your legal right to sick leave and how to deal with a union.

File a complaint with the EEOC. Depending on your state you only have 60-180 days from the incident(s) to make your complaint.

Time’s UP and the National Women’s Law Center offer free legal advice including recommendation for expert lawyers.

Equal Rights Advocates offers free legal advice.

RAINN operates a national hotline. They assist sexual harassment victims even when the harassment is strictly psychological. Call 1-800-656-HOPE

Resources for victims of sexual harassment and assault are not available in many countries. It can be dangerous in certain countries to seek assistance (see the case of Alicia Gali in the United Arab Emirates who received jail time after reporting to the police that her coworkers raped her).

Ideally, your school should be the first place to find help. But, many schools are ill-prepared for dealing with these issues. You may also be afraid to report to your school because of retaliation/blacklisting. There are other options:

  1. If you are an international school teacher, contact your country’s embassy and ask what support services they offer. If your home country is listed on this site, use the internet-based support services offered by your home country. You can use WhatsApp to call an international support number for free.
  2. offers international support. You can also contact for emotional assistance. Even if you aren’t suicidal or you experienced psychological (non-physical) harassment, you deserve emotional support and there are kind people in these networks who want to help you.
  3. Identify the accreditation body for your school and contact them to find out what resources they offer. If your school is accredited by CIS, they have counselors who will speak with you one time for free. There is a complaints process offered by CIS as well. Note that this process only examines if CIS rules were broken. CIS does not currently have required protocols in place for addressing sexual harassment of adults.
  4. Note: If your school receives funding from another country, they may be required to follow the laws of that country. For example, if your school receives funds from the US government, Title IX laws apply.